Cullompton Town Council is based in the Town Hall at 1 High Street, Cullompton. We have 15 Councillors and 12 employees, some full-time and others part-time, who all work hard to ensure that Cullompton remains a safe and pleasant place to live.
The services provided by the Town Council include:
- St Andrews car park
- Town Hall hire for functions, birthday parties etc.
- Street cleansing
- Play areas and public open space
- Youth services
- Grants to local organisations
- Archiving of historic photographs and documents
- Tourism and local information centre including bus timetables
- Town centre CCTV system
- Street furniture and bus shelters
- Sale of garden waste bags and bin liners for food waste
- Reporting service for fly tipping, road and pavement defects, street lighting, etc.
- Quarterly newsletter
- Support for local events such as the Spring & Autumn Festivals
- Christmas lights
The Town Council is a statutory consultee on all planning matters that affect the area and its Planning & Licensing Committee meets twice a month on the second and fourth Thursday to consider planning and licensing applications and to also discuss long term and strategic planning issues such as the proposed Western and Eastern Urban Extensions.
The Town Council supports and has representatives on a variety of partnership groups such as:
- The Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
- The Town Team
- The Traffic & Environment Working Group
The Town Council Office is located on the ground floor of the Town Hall and is open every weekday morning between 9.30am and 1.30pm with the exception of Wednesday when the office closes at 12.30pm.