Welcome to Cullompton Town Council
In the light of the government’s directive to limit social contact and travel the Council will be taking the following measures:
- Council Office:
The Council office is open to visitors by appointment only in order to deal with matters that cannot be dealt with by email or over the telephone. In the first instance please either telephone 01884 38249 between 9am and 3pm or email so that we can help you and decide whether or not a face to face meeting is required. Visitors will need to confirm that they do not have any Covid -19 symptoms, had not had any contact with somebody else with Covid-19 symptoms and conform to 2m social distancing within the premises; please click here
to access our contacts page.
- Council Meetings: A meeting calendar has now been established for the Full Council and many of its Committees. Meetings will be held remotely and the details on how to join them will be posted with the Notice and Agenda on the Upcoming Meetings page.
- Weekly Market: The weekly street market held on Wednesday has now resumed and can be found in the Higher Bullring between 0900 and 1300.
- Play Areas: The play areas managed by the Town Council will reopen in the near future. Please look out for signage at individual parks.
- Cullompton Cemetery: Burials will continue as normal but will take into account all the guidelines issued by government for minimising the risk of transmission. This includes the avoidance of large gatherings and unnecessary physical contact. This is not only for the benefit of those attending funerals, it also supports the need to protect cemetery employees, who need to remain healthy and able to continue to provide a burial service.
- Public Toilets: The public toilets at Station Road will be open from 07:00 until 18:00 daily and will be cleaned regularly throughout the day. Users should ensure that their own personal hygiene measures are taken before and after use. The toilet at the Cemetery will remain closed to the public.
- Allotments: We ask anyone visiting an allotment to ensure that they stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people and ensure that you have hand sanitiser with you or wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Covid-19 Information leaflet: For a list of useful numbers please click here.
The Council is working with other voluntary organisations to ensure that everyone has access to a support line should it be needed. Please be considerate of others and respect the guidance:
To protect yourself and others, when you leave home you must:
- wash hands - keep washing your hands regularly.
- cover face - wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in enclosed spaces.
- make space - stay at least a metre away from people not in your household.
If you are feeling unwell, get a test and do not leave home for at least 10 days.