Welcome to Cullompton Town Council
In the light of the government’s directive to limit social contact and travel the Council will be taking the following measures:
- Council Office: The Council office is closed to visitors. We would ask everyone to either telephone 01884 38249 between 9am and 3pm or email; click here to access our contacts page.
- Council Meetings: A meeting calendar has now been established for the Full Council and many of its Committees. Meetings will be held remotely and the details on how to join them will be posted with the Notice and Agenda on the Upcoming Meetings page.
- Weekly Market: The weekly street market held on Wednesday will not take place until further notice.
- Play Areas: The play areas managed by the Town Council are closed until further notice i.e. Culm Lea, Head Weir Road, Rivermead, Tufty Park and the Upcott Field.
- Cullompton Cemetery: Burials will continue as normal but will take into account all the guidelines issued by government for minimising the risk of transmission. This includes the avoidance of large gatherings and unnecessary physical contact. This is not only for the benefit of those attending funerals, it also supports the need to protect cemetery employees, who need to remain healthy and able to continue to provide a burial service.
- Public Toilets: The public toilets at Station Road, Cullompton cemetery and Cullompton Town Hall will be closed until further notice.
- Allotments: We ask anyone visiting an allotment to ensure that they stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people and ensure that you have hand sanitiser with you or wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Cullompton Covid-19 Volunteer Group: Contact 01884 799420 if help is required.
- Covid-19 Information leaflet: For a list of useful numbers please click here.
The Council is working with other voluntary organisations to ensure that everyone has access to a support line should it be needed. Please be considerate of others and respect the guidance:
- stay at home as much as possible;
- work from home if you can;
- limit contact with other people;
- keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible);
- wash your hands regularly;
- Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.